Tuesday, May 1, 2012

That five letter word.

Exams. My mouth is getting dry just ruining about it. But it's not the test that has me thinking; but what comes after. Exams mean summer is coming, but they also mean change. It means it's time to leave Blacksburg for a while and face the challenges of the real world without friends around every corner. It means leaving the comfortability of routine that makes things easy. There are a lot of things I am going to miss really. Being able to bike everywhere. Living with my best friends. The amount of time I spend outside. The river. Gilles. Junior year will be done and senior year will come with it's uncertainty and insecurity. One of the biggest would be my church family. Christ's body has been the biggest blessing throughout the past two years and I have thought about sticking around this summer just to stay connected. The fellowship before and after church is genuine and authentic. Four of my roommates will be moving on and graduating. All going to do beautiful things in the Kingdom with the Savior. Two will be going into Muslim culture to show them truth and true grace. The other two will be working with students and growing them into true believers that let go of this world. The fifth is studying in Finland. Although I have nothing to fear with change because this world is not my home, I do have sadness in my heart knowing that I possibly won't see these woman again until we praise Jesus face to face. Many other friends will be leaving and I will loose contact with. All who I admire and look to for wisdom and example. This past year has come with God doing a might work in His men. Men that pray together, often all night long. That love each other and their sisters and take seriously their position as protectors and Christ's servants. The mountains, something I never thought I would miss. Being able to walk everywhere! I know I mentioned it but living in Blacksburg is convenient! There is a little hippie grocery store right behind the house and a coffee shop right next to that. I walk to work, to the gym, and to friends houses. Our front porch and the community of our neighbors. We spend so much time just sitting on our front porch doing work and watching the world. Although I'm not one to get sentimental, sometimes I don't want things to change. I'm not ready to face the responsibility of the world and it's uncertainties. I'm not ready to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment