Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hebrews 10



Warning. You can read these words if you want, but I still don't totally know the motives behind this new blogging endeavor. The grammar and writing skills are that of a trilingual six year old whose third language is English. It probably won't make sense, take from it what you can. Leave what you want. Peace and Blessings brave soul(s).

with Reckless Abandon.





reck·less




adjective


1. utterly unconcerned about the consequences of someaction; without caution
a·ban·don- verb
1.to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert
3.to give up the control of
4.to yield (oneself) without restraint or moderation; give(oneself) over

College. Men and woman everyday, almost all of them, squeezing every last drop out of their four years here to define themselves. This searching can be seen in everyone, even in us as believers as we struggle to remind ourselves that we were not created for the temporary. No one would admit they are searching for purpose; it sounds too cliche and typical. People fight their whole lives to "learn to love themselves" or to "just do what makes you happy." This soul was created to find every desire satisfied and to find joy only in one way. This soul continues day after day to pursue intimacy and to bring glory to a God who ransomed His own flesh and blood just because he wanted to pour out his love on the undeserving.

Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:19-24
If I truly believed what is said in these verses why wouldn't I step out of the boat into the raging storm? Why wouldn't I give up watching TV just because it hinders? Why would I have any fear of what man could do to me? Why would I be so slow to speak truth because of my own pride. This world is not my home, so what the world considers reckless and foolish, I can see no greater calling than going where my Lord sends me and doing whatever he calls. Some say not to be foolish with what God has given me, but isn't it human tendency to want to remain physically comfortable, safe, and secure when I eternally forever free, unable to be taken from the hand of God, and receive love and mercy that will never be withdrawn. It's a constant prayer for this flesh to recognize the things that are battling for my desires and affections like food, "my time," a desire to be wanted and accepted (fear of man is HUGE for me), selfishness. Because of sin this flesh is hopeless. For every one look to examine myself, I must immediately turn and take ten looks at Christ. That is the only way to give perspective to the madness and chaos of our day. Only in giving up, letting go of, utterly forsaking my own desires and will for Him. Nowhere inside of this body is power to earn, to do enough good to earn God's favor, or to make beautiful what has been broken. He calls me toward Him and brings this flesh face down at His beautiful feet. It's a slow journey, not denying that. The inability to change is redeemed into a steadfast heart that trusts (Psalm 108). Believers can't be reasoned out of their faith. They abandon temporary pleasures. Then there is the last part. It's such a good description. Without Restraint in prayer, crying out with sincerity and urgency. Giving myself over to others. Building them up and encouraging them upward. Without reason in how we seek Him because we are SO NEEDY. Desperate in our desire to be in heaven but realizing our work here is not done and many do not know. Prayerfully you will see that being hopeless means being filled with hope forever and always. Failing daily, but always continuing on. Realizing that living recklessly and abandoning everything is the only option. And it's a beautiful one.








No comments:

Post a Comment