Monday, February 6, 2012

Life as it happens.



I choose not to believe what people say that college is "the best time of your life." While it is fun, I love every part of it from the studying to the friends around 24/7 I know that with each day this soul draws closer to Christ, and I look forward to the day when God's will and my flesh not longer battle. These past four years have been consumed with spiritual growth only the Lord knows the maturing experiences that await next. Looking back at this past weeks it's been one of those where I'm up at 6:30 with my feet running and now sitting at the local coffee shop. Although my house sits just about 500 feet away, so do the distractions. My older roommates have contracted this disease called senioritis (love all the way ladies) that comes in the form of hours upon hours of card playing and just talking. There is also this matter of the furry children that never cease to make me feel guilty when I can't take Josie out until later or questioning if the cat is still in the house or I should send out an all points bulletin to the neighborhood boys. Then there is the matter of Rachel and I's room that has suffered from the busy weekend that of course calls me to clean it or my bike that is an endless source of needed repairs. I'm not complaining, don't misunderstand, I wouldn't trade these blessings and my life marked by very few difficulties. But, all those things have lead me to pick a small corner table with my books, a cup of tea (I just asked the cashier to surprise me so I don't know what kind), and my Andy McKee instrumental music. Only a test and a paper on one of Ellison's works keep me from this blog. Shame. ha!




Over this past week I was pranked twice by unknown suspects, once with toilet paper and another with bags...

















Truly realized how many girls I live with when I saw this one morning.



Bought our plane tickets for our bike trip!



Jesus and I took Josie for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment